PDA

View Full Version : My PC is allergic to WoW!

Frida
21-10-06, 12:47 PM
My PC has suddenly developed a severe allergy to WoW!

This is some weird shit, I kid you not!

As some of you know, my PC suddenly started to reboot itself several times, after Faerlina fight in Naxx raid. After I left the raid, I deleted WDB, WTF and Interface folders, but it didn't help, PC still rebooted. I deleted and cleaned out everything WoW related, and today I tried to do a clean install, but the PC reboots itself even during the installation... Note that the PC works just fine, as long as I don't touch WoW.

Anyone ever heard of this problem?

All drivers are up to date, and reformat is not an option atm.

If this persists, my subscription will run out oct 26th, and my WoW gaming days are over :(

Sikosh
21-10-06, 12:55 PM
if it's rebooting itself during installation that's not WoW related, that's PC related.

Could be an overheating problem or possibly a virus, check your CPU / core temp in bios and download some antispyware/antivirus stuff and have a clean out :)

Frida
21-10-06, 01:19 PM
Temperatures are fine, and I've scanned everything several times. I can install and run other games/programs without any problems, it's just WoW that causes reboots.

Sylvanus
21-10-06, 01:22 PM
Update graphics driver.
Some Ati and Nvidia cards might well cause problems with WoW. Had same stuff in BWL earlier.
If that doesn't help - turn off Whole Screen glow in video settings if it's on.

Sikosh
21-10-06, 01:36 PM
Yeah try video drivers, I had exact same thing a while ago, I upgraded my drivers and it stopped almost totally.

Frida
21-10-06, 01:41 PM
All drivers are up to date.

Frida
21-10-06, 01:47 PM
Edit: I've installed 3 games now, just to test, and it rebooted during the last install too. No clue what the problem is though. I'll see what the shop says next week.

Phaethon
21-10-06, 01:50 PM
If the PC reboots only on running WoW dissable Vsync from game options it tends to do this thing to some users.

I had the same issue 3 months back and this did the trick for me.

Frida
21-10-06, 01:53 PM
To clarify: I don't have WoW installed anymore, and I can't re-install because it reboots during.

The PC works fine otherwise.

Valy
21-10-06, 04:48 PM
Selete your latest gfx frivers and go back to the old ones.

Not all new drivers are wow friendly :)

Teenee
21-10-06, 05:37 PM
During the actuall installing? If so, you may have an issue (for whatever reason) with something like Install Shield, a common installer. Or perhaps MSI.

Sylvanus
21-10-06, 07:12 PM
Looking like a Hard Drive issue to me if it reboots during install. Install Shield likely wouldn't reboot pc, just give an error and close.

Drifa
21-10-06, 10:12 PM
format c:\
Then Reinstall windows and go that route. :P Just backup the stuff you want to keep.

Frida
31-10-06, 09:52 PM
PC died completely more than a week ago, and the shop has replaced both motherboard and power supply.

Now I have to re-install Windows, updates, drivers, WoW, Add-Ons, etc...

I hope to be back on track Friday evening.

\:D/

Davala
01-11-06, 09:01 AM
Woot