PDA

View Full Version : Patch 2.0 Bosses

drphilly
09-12-06, 12:11 PM
I was wondering what you guys from Fallen Legion think about how patch 2.0 affected the raid bosses.
For some reason my guild is having problems with BWL and even wipes in MC. Tanks are going down like flies.

Jammy
09-12-06, 12:33 PM
We've only done AQ40 so far, but had no real problems, if anything DPS was up and kills were a little faster

Heph
09-12-06, 12:36 PM
So far the only Tank heavy boss we've done in 2.0 is Sartura, The rest of AQ upto the twins we didn't have much trouble with (didn't try the twins as we heard they were buggy with aggro)

Sartura, we uh, had issues with but it wasn't TOO different from the norm. Tanks in my opinion did seem to be dying a bit faster, could just have been our raid balance tho. Scraped through with 12 people left alive hehe.

From discussing stuff with our warriors what i've seen is overall avoidance is up (higher dodge, parry etc) but raw mitigation is down, ie when they get hit they get hit for more, so it sort of evens out.

I've only noticed this from a healing perspective, I'm sure the tanks have their own views :D

Jammy
09-12-06, 12:39 PM
I dont think either me or ed died on sartura.. the rest of em are cannon fodder pvp monkeys anway :D

Heph
09-12-06, 12:46 PM
:D

Kir
09-12-06, 01:00 PM
Was more to due with 1/2 the raid using 1/2 finished UI's... I didn't know what the fuck I was doing for most of AQ :p

drphilly
09-12-06, 02:02 PM
Was more to due with 1/2 the raid using 1/2 finished UI's... I didn't know what the fuck I was doing for most of AQ :p

Same problem here. A lot ppl left the raid at BWL because of that and the lag that ctra caused. We wiped 3 times at razor while they are used doing Naxx hehe. I hope that they fixed the bugs asap ^^

Rorschach
09-12-06, 04:01 PM
I use the MiBraine addon, it still seems to work after the patch.

Lawl, it's funny 'coz it's shit stirring.

Jammy
09-12-06, 04:16 PM
That joke would work better if youd logged in since wednesday :D

littlepink
09-12-06, 07:32 PM
Same problem here. A lot ppl left the raid at BWL because of that and the lag that ctra caused. We wiped 3 times at razor while they are used doing Naxx hehe. I hope that they fixed the bugs asap ^^

IMO get people to turn off mod if it cause lag and not leave a ? raid. I got major lag when we started until i found out that it was CT raid grp. overview that cause it + i got some strange error message from CT raidboss(i think it's called) but after what i hear the people behind CT have found the problem and solve it now so the latest version is suppose to work ok.

Mist
09-12-06, 07:50 PM
Ora2+Bigwigs or just no mods at all made our first 2.0.1 surprisingly smooth, dps seemed up as mentioned.

Ecks
10-12-06, 07:14 AM
aaarrrghh stop using ct raid it's very laggy and buggy
Like Mist said use Ora2 and perfektraid works like a charm.

Ow and for those that actually use it there's a new Photek UI out :P

aastarius
10-12-06, 11:19 AM
CTRA does generally seem to get laggy following a patch though in fairness they sort it within a day or two. As with ALL Ace2 addons their greatest strength is also their greatest weakness - they are continually in BETA. So whilst one day you'll get a working version the next day it's oops and then 4 revisions get released. As the libraries are in a constant state of flux you generally need to keep them upated and so theres a lot of potential "oops" going on :rolleyes:

Be interesting to see what CTRA2 is like. If the recent amendments to CTbuffs is anything to go by then it's probably going to be worth a look. Also worth remembering that oRA2 is cursed with having to maintain compatibility with CTRA and that in itself is probably causing some of the headaches they've had developing it.

Sylvanus
10-12-06, 09:11 PM
aaarrrghh stop using ct raid it's very laggy and buggy
Like Mist said use Ora2 and perfektraid works like a charm.

Ow and for those that actually use it there's a new Photek UI out :P

There is no PerfectRaid for 2.0 still. So have to use shit like ag_uf raidframes, grid, or s_raifdrames.